Sunday, June 29, 2008

shopping, or not

Today - actually yesterday, since it's almost 1:00 a.m., we did some pre-China shopping with the boys. Sort-of. I'm not sure why I thought it might be a blissful day as a family unit, hanging out together, gathering the many items that we need for our trip.

Instead, one boy didn't feel well and ended up staying in the vehicle and sleeping for a couple of hours. One wished he was at a different mall and in different stores. And one had quite a hard time being in ANY store in which we weren't purchasing for him: "This is the 7th time we've been to a store and it didn't have ANYTHING in it for me!" Oh well, so much for family bonding.... We did end up getting quite a lot done, despite our differing levels of interest, and it has all been dumped in various and sundry places in our home.

Speaking of our home, one might think that a bomb exploded in here. :-) Multi-tasker I am not, so when I have ONE project to focus on, everything around that project seems to crumble. And the last few days, my focus has been on Ahna's room, which we are so close to finishing.

17 days 'til departure!! Off to get a little sleep before the new day forces itself upon me, with its very long laundry-list of things to do.






5 comments:

Christy said...

OH CINDI,

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I REMEMBER WHEN YOU GOT YOUR REFERRAL AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MONTH AND THOUGHT YOUR LITTLE ONE WAS ONE OF THE CUTEST REFERRAL PICS EVER!!! SHE IS JUST PRECIOUS AND I LOVE HER NAME!!! I HOPE YOU DOCUMENT YOUR JOURNEY-- ONLY 17 DAYS-- WOW!! I WILL FOR SURE BE WATCHING!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR COMMENTING ON MY BLOG (TO MIA WITH LOVE). I AM GLAD YOU STOPPED BY AND I WILL FOR SURE BE FREQUENTING YOUR BLOG!!! AGAIN, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND CANT WAIT TO SEE AHNA IN YOUR ARMS!!!

CHRISTY :)

Lisa Spence said...

I haven't been shopping for baby things in years, and never for anything pink, but your shopping experience sounds a lot like ours, those few and far between times when we actually attempt it!

I've already said it once, but I sure do wish I was there to celebrate and wait with eager expectation--not to mention shop!

Lisa said...

I just found your website through Christy's (To Mia with Love) and I must say that your daughter is stunning!! What a gorgeous referral photo. I can't wait to follow your journey...17 day's...wow!!! We adopted our daughter 3 1/2 years ago. It is an amazing journey!! My blog is private, but if you would like to view it, I can send you an invite. Congratulations!!! You have so much to look forward too.

Debbie and Sam said...

Thanks for sharing your blog. We got our referral in June of last year and got Elizabeth on Aug 21. It is fun to read and feel the excitement. It brings back such fond memories. It is hard to believe a year ago we were in your exact position.
We will be following from Virginia.

Deb
Mom to Elizabeth, Huainan, Anhui
www.emasjourney.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a special time~ I can not wait to read all about your trip!!! And see the photos of Ahna in your arms!