Tuesday, July 1, 2008

grateful

I am pondering today, the blessings of God. His faithfulness. His unchangeableness (yes, it is a word).

I am grateful that we said "Yes" to His call; grateful that we "stayed in the line" and stood steadfastly in the path that He had us in. Many wondered why we didn't do something to make the process move more quickly; there are options in this adoption community. But we never doubted; felt a little discouraged at times, maybe. But we never doubted. And because of God's unchangeableness, we have been changed.

From part of Isaiah 30:21, the Message: "This is the right road. Walk down this road."

I am grateful for family and friends, near and far, who share in our joy. They bless us with words, with precious gifts for Ahna, and with prayers. Many sweet and unexpected and overwhelming acts of kindness have been taking place around here.

I am grateful and humbled to be the recipient of such a gift as this child; grateful to God that He chose this family for Ahna. I am confident that He has a more amazing plan for her, and for us, than we could ever imagine. He is like that.

And I am grateful that in 2 weeks, a mere 14 days, the 5 of us will be flying over that vast body of water to the other side of the world. And a few days after that, the sweet girl that we already know in our hearts, will be held in our arms. I know that we have yet to experience the full joy of these moments; there is still so much anticipation.

So, for these and so many more things, I am grateful.

What are you grateful for?


8 comments:

Melissa said...

You have much to be grateful for!

Today, I am particularly grateful for God's goodness and faithfulness, and for a godly husband who encourages me.

Amber said...

Hi Cindi! This is Amber, the other Cindi's daughter. :) She forwarded me your blog and I wanted to leave a little comment to say hi. Your sweet Ahna is precious! I am also an avid blogger & blog reader, so I will definitely add yours to my blog roll. We will be praying for you as you wait these last days to head off on your journey and for your time in China getting to know your daughter. :)

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Yes, you and your family are very blessed for many reasons and now especially for having this little child put in your care. :)

As I think of what I am grateful for it is hard to pin down one thing, so I will chose one close to my heart and that is our family having been chosen to bring up two more children in the knowledge of the Lord that might not have ever had that opportunity. That is a huge role to fill, but one that God has deemed us to do.

Monica said...

Cindi,

Just a quick post to say I got your comment. We are almost over jet lag and we are eager for Daddy and 3 big brothers to come home tomorrow. Together at last! I would love to answer any questions you may have about Nanchang. Since ours was a special needs group, we were the only family there from AWAA. We stayed at the Galactic Peace Hotel. What a name. WE decided someone must have been watching too much spaceballs. Anyway, really nice place with great free internet connection.

Let us know hat you want to know!
Hey, yall picked a great name too!

Monica

Rhonda said...

I am grateful I am in your group!! :)

Sweet words...you were able to say what I feel in my heart, but just can't seem to get it into words......We who stayed in that line, and didn't manipulate the system by using friends, or whatever, can stand at the end of this knowing we allowed God Himself to write this story. I'm glad we didn't get in His way....for His ways are ALWAYS higher than ours'!

Can't wait to finally meet you in person!

~Rhonda

Stefanie and Bill said...

Hi, I stumbled across your blog. Congratulations for your referral and staying true to your calling. We too, have been called to the beautiful gift of adoption and are grateful for our 4YO little boy and potentially 3 more children which we will meet in August!
Wishing God's speed as you travel, He will exceed you wildest expectations!
Stefanie

brianmease said...

beautiful scripture, and so fitting...

i am grateful for more than words can say. I am too blessed.

becki harper said...

Cindi,

We are so blessed to have this precious child join our family. We are grateful for all of you.
We love you
Sis