Sunday, July 13, 2008

boo

I have failed to mention this OTHER member of our family named Boo. She is our 3-year old shih tzu, and is the sweetest pet on the face of the earth. Obedient. Quiet. Adoring and adorable. Loving and cuddly. She is just the BEST dog ever. 2 days ago Eli and I drove to TN with her, to leave her with members of our family until we return from China.

We sincerely miss her, but know that she is becoming even more spoiled than she already is. You see, when we are able to visit family in TN, most everyone is thrilled at the prospect of getting to see Boo. Granted, they're happy to see us people, too, but Boo is the center of attention.

Now I must get back to the piles that are slowly making their way into suitcases. We are getting so much closer to moving from the packing stage, to being actually packed.
I have walked around all day with what I can only describe as a heightened expectancy.... I am certain that my heart has been beating much faster than it normally does. In 34 hours we'll be driving to the airport...

But this post was about Boo...







7 comments:

Mission To Macie said...

oh my.......what a pretty pup!

happy packing!

Jill

Rhonda said...

Ni hao, Cindi!

Just poppin' in to say we're prayin' for your travels to be safe tomorrow! Wow, I'm jealous...wish we could leave early, too. I'm glad you're sitting down. Does that mean you're ready?!! Woo hoo!!!! Just got off the conference call and boy, did that feel surreal? I felt like a "deer in headlights" just listening to all of it in person....SOMEBODY PINCH ME!!! Well, I'll see you in Beijing on Friday afternoon when we arrive. Have fun in the in-between time...I may have to adopt your older 2 boys for this trip since Tyler and Nolan cannot come....it's KILLING me. Well, I just want you to know that I'm excited to finally meet you in person and to be on this amazing journey for the next 2 weeks together with the Simmons!

Love,
Rhonda

Kristin said...

Enjoy your amazing journey... it's just the beginning!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know we are praying for you and your incredible journey!! We got our Samantha Grace Nov. 5. I think Dawn in Fresno passed along our info to you, I had been working at her store and we attend church together. We will be on the road the next 10 days, but will be stealing any computer time someone will share to see your pictures!!
Christie in Fresno

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Yes, your Boo is a sweet little thing!! Why are my two little dogs of the same breed of such bad behaviors!! Have a great vacation BOO!!

Herman said...

Hi Cindi! I hope your family has an amazing trip...(And try to stay cool...It's crazy hot and humid over there this time of year).

I will be praying for all of you!

Jodee said...

Cute Boo post! I am looking forward to following your journey. Travel safe!