Monday, June 2, 2008

just do it!

A first post.
A sort-of blog-addict I have become: secretly lurking, prying into lives that bear some similarity to mine, keeping up with friends who blog, thinking that I, too, need to write. To share. To put snippets and glimses of our lives "out there." Yet I have not, until now.
Several weeks ago, my 14-year old was looking over my shoulder as I was reading a certain adoption blog. Our conversation went like this:

He asked, "Hey, don't you have a blog?"

"Nope, not yet."

"Why not???"

"Too chicken."

"Too chicken???"

"Yep. Got any suggestions for me?"

"Yeah. GET OVER IT. Just do it. I never DIDN'T do something because I was chicken."

"OK. So I'll consider your advice. Thanks."

Guess you could say our simple little conversation inspired me. So, welcome to a peek into the path that I am currently on. Welcome to teenager stories, grade-school ramblings, and starting it all over again with a tot in diapers. (we think!)



3 comments:

Lisa Hellier said...

Welcome to blogging! Lisa Writes sent me over. We share some things in common I can see from just your first two posts. Namely, mom to three boys and an adoptive mom too. I'll be interested to hear what happens with your matching. Keep on blogging.

Mocha with Linda said...

Welcome! Fair warning! Blogging is mightily addictive. I just started in January and I am totally hooked!

Lisa Writes was sweet enough to comment on my very first post, so I'm thrilled to welcome a friend of hers!

Anonymous said...

Lisa sent me over, too. Welcome!