Saturday, June 14, 2008

a tough one to post

I will struggle with how much of my inner self is revealed in this blog. There is much that feels too private to write. But there is also much to be shared. Many of us travel similar journeys, rub shoulder-to-shoulder getting to the next big thing in our lives. Our "next big thing" is taking us across the ocean to China, to gather in our arms a precious bundle whose beginnings we may never know.

Though I will never meet my daughter's birth mother, our lives have been indelibly connected. And so I wrote of her...

I think of you today.

I think of you today, and wonder if you are grieving. Does your heart break every time you think of the excruciating decision you had to make all those months ago?

Do you know that she was found? Were you there when a bystander just happened to glance her way, realizing that a precious one was left? Alone. Did you see him pick her up, look this way and that in a frantic search to find a note, a semblance of evidence as to her plight?

I think of you today. Did you burst into tears when someone finally reached for her sweet, tiny form and held her close? Did you feel like the very life was being ebbed out of you? I wonder if you followed close behind, dodging behind buildings or trees or people, in case a furtive glance by the one who found her, might somehow connect the two of you.

Have you waited outside the orphanage gates, just in case you might glimpse the beauty of her smile, or the flutter of an eyelash? Do you fear that you would no longer recognize her? Do you hope with ever fiber of your being, that she is safe and warm and happy?

I think of you today. You can not understand the amazing things that God has planned for your daughter. She is a priceless jewel, a treasured possession, a cherished one. And He has seen fit to let our family take the next step of her journey, with her.

I thank you for your sacrifice. I grieve with you, your loss. My heart breaks when I think of the excrutiating decision that you had to make all those months ago.

And I promise that the one you left, has been found. My daughter will never be alone again.

So I think of you today.





8 comments:

kitchu said...

beautiful... i'm so glad I stumbled upon your site.

your daughter is beautiful as well, congratulations...

Tracy said...

So beautiful. I think of Charlotte's birth mother often - it is a bittersweet thought.

Noemi said...

Cindi your words are beautiful! The depths of your love for your new little one are evident. I can't wait to meet her myself. All of you are in my prayers. It's amazing to see the hand of God at work.

Lisa Spence said...

Beautifully and tenderly expressed...

By the way, your blog design is beautiful!

"Anna," is it? Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful!!! I sit here with tears in my eyes as I think of the scarfice. I praise God for the choice that was made and pray for His peace and comfort to the many birth mother's that had to leave their precious babies.

Thank you for sharing this!!!

Molly D said...

Cindi, you are a beautiful writer! Wow...so well said, so touching, so meaningful. Thank you for sharing your heart.

Love,
Molly

Karsynn's Mommy...Sammi said...

Cindy

I, too, think of my daughter's birth mother often. As I look into her beautiful, almond-shaped eyes, I struggle to see her birth mother's face. I pray that God give her peace of mind and heart. I pray that she knows that my daughter is being cared for and is loved beyond imagination.

Alyson and Ford said...

Very touching, amazing to write it down. I may link you to our blog someday if I post about the birth mother. Thanks.

Alyson LID 01/27/06