Thursday, June 12, 2008

winding down

Isn't she lovely?

Remember wind-up toys? Seems that nowadays, everything is push-button, battery-operated, and automatic. But there used to be wind-up toys. Our boys used to love laying on their bellies (in toddler years), watching with glee as I wound and wound and wound, then released! And the little car or animal or gadget would do its thing frantically for a few seconds, then
s l o w l y start winding down.

Can I just say that I feel like a wind-up toy? It has been an amazing and wonderful and indescribable few days in this household. Utter joy. But now I feel like it's time to wind down just a bit. Real life, after all, must continue. So I will try with all my might to
w i n d d o w n, return to earth from cloud-living, and maybe even do a little laundry.

12 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh, she is indeed lovely!! Congratulations on your new daughter!! Hope you get to travel SOON!

REJOICE!!

Cherith said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!!

Kristin said...

Congratulations on your absolutely beautiful new daughter... may your TA arrive quickly!

brianmease said...

she IS lovely, as are you sweet Cindi! The blog is beautiful, I love what you've done with it! Thanks for taking time to jot out your heart. It is being expressed beautifully...

The family of six said...

Wow she is SO beautiful!!! Congratulations from a fellow mom of three boys adopting a girl from Taiwan!

Anonymous said...

Of course, you know I think she is the most adorable baby ever. I am so happy for you guys.
CONGRATS !!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and was blessed first off this morning by reading your post!!! Congratulations on your absolutely beautiful baby girl,

Krista

Sarah Markley said...

what a precious little face! she is amazing. congratulations.

Karen said...

She is absolutely gorgeous. I found you on RQ's website.Can you email me? I think our girls are from the same orphanage based on the surname. My email link is in my profile.

Congratulations!

MaryAnn said...

What a sweet-faced baby! Lovely and beautiful. Congratulations!

AFH RQJanRoom mate

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Your daughter is so lovely. I think she comes from the same SWI as our Lilly. She wears the same style of jacket !

Unknown said...

"Isn't she lovely..." I am so very happy for your family! Can't wait to meet her...after how long?

Wendy