Monday, June 9, 2008

introducing our daughter and sister!

WOW! Unspeakable relief. Overwhelming joy.
  • Gan-Yi-Nan - her given Chinese name
  • June 22, 2007 - her birth date - she is 11 months old!!
  • 26 pounds, 27 inches - her measurements
We receive our full referral packet tomorrow morning, with photos and more information. We were told that she is healthy and absolutely beautiful.

As I was just realizing that I had not posted our info. on this little-viewed blog, I noticed our 10-yr. old Eli had typed up and printed off some sweet words to hang in his room while he waits for his sister. He speaks much better than I at this point, as I am quite SPENT and exhausted. Satisfied and happy, but exhausted.

"Today, Monday June 9, 2008, we got a phone call with all the information about my little baby sister from China. We will hope to be going to get her the middle to end of July. Tomorrow we will get a package having some info. and 2 of her pictures. We have been waiting for 2 years, 4 months, and 27 days for this day and it has finally come. It has been an amazing experience and I truly believe that my sister will be amazing."

"You are good and what you do is good." Ps. 119:68

5 comments:

Lisa Spence said...

Sweet words, indeed...

Sharing your joy!!!

P.S. That's a good looking sidebar! Your boys are GROWN!

Carolyn said...

He sounds like my 8 year old - sweet, sensitive and a great big brother!
Congratulations on your referral - she is beautiful!

Running Librarian said...

What a sweet, sweet thing for Eli to write! I think that story should definitely go in a scrapbook if you do one!

Tracy (from Rumor Queen Jan06 room)

Anonymous said...

Just blog-hopping off of Danielle's... your blog is gorgeous as is your little girl & your boys.

I just stumbled on your blog all of 5 seconds ago & got tears of joy & sweetness reading the words of a proud big brother. All for a sister he's never met, but will soon know & love for a lifetime.

Soo soo sweet. Congrats & I wish you all the best with your new little blessing.

- Rachel in Kansas City

Truly Blessed said...

What a sweetie. Having three teen boys of my own, I know that they try really hard to hide their tender sides, but occasionally we get a glimpse.

No word yet on travel? I know you're anxious (I would be too, your daughter is gorgeous and oh, so huggable!). We are anxious to leave on Friday to meet our beautiful daughter. Just can't wait!

All the best,

TB (from RQ)