Monday, August 4, 2008

We are home

From Bill - I know many of you are wanting to know how we fared getting home. Well, we made it. 30 hours from Guangzhou to Cincinnati. A long and endless day. But we were so thrilled to see so many faces at the airport. It was overwhelming. Thanks to all those who made it, we won't ever forget it.



Cindi is a serious writer, and the demands of being home are preventing her from writing what she really wants to say. You will hear from her soon. I have posted a slide show that captures some of the event as well as a few pictures the night before our departure.

We will have some photos of Ahna at home very soon.

I can say that this girl, Ahna, has overwhelmed me. My heart has been enlarged by her. This morning I went to her room and got her out of her crib. She is my little angel princess. On my way to get her, I thought how foreign those types of words were for me, prior to this journey. Yet now its as though those words have always been there, and flow so naturally. While she has perhaps always been a part of my heart, she has surely stolen it now.

Click here for some more photos

7 comments:

brianmease said...

aww...Bill really is a softie!

Thanks for sharing your journey to get Ahna with all of us. We are thrilled along with you that she's finally HOME FOR GOOD! And what a blessing of a home it is...

we were so glad to get to spend time with you guys yesterday. rest up...

all our love,
Mease's

Lisa Spence said...

Welcome home, Simmons family--all six of you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful site. Your family is complete. I am so glad that you all are home. Eli looks as though he feels back to his old self. Great to have you back Eli!! Everyone looks great! Ahna is such a little princess. God's divine intervention in such a beautiful life ahead. Bill.........you REALLY are a softie!! If I am not mistaken I saw a glimpse of a little pink ribbon on Ahna's pinkie finger with the word "Daddy" engraved on it. I am so happy for you all. Glad your home and Cindi.........breathe. Love to you ALL!!

Kathy Odom, Meagan, & Seth

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you all Friday. Ahna is even more beautiful than she looked in all the pictures. She is a lucky little girl to have been given to such a great family. I hope she adjusts to her new life quickly. Hope to see you all soon.

Angie and family

Noemi said...

your post brought tears to my eyes. thank you for the update and please, please don't stop.

Anonymous said...

We are so honored to have been in Ohio to welcome precious Ahna into our family. God has truly blessed us all!! Thanks for letting us be a part of such a blessing. We love you all. Hope to see you soon.
The Harper clan

Anonymous said...

Welcome home~ I have just now caught up on all your post. Oh my friend what an amazing trip!!!

Thank you for sharing!!!