Thursday, August 13, 2009

stuck already



I haven't even waded all the way back in, and I am in quick-sand.

I think of posting on the blog several times a day. One of the kids will say or do something, or I'll have a memory flash, or I'll be pondering an important or unimportant matter. And I'll think, "Now there's something to write about." Plus there's all the other stuff I intend to jot down here, too, the stuff of "my story." Honestly, if I had an obsession, it would be writing. Or the desire to do so.

While I'm painting or doing laundry or tending to Ahna or whatever, I'll actually form the paragraphs in my head. It will all sound so good. The title will come to me, then I will just begin to write. In my head.

And once I come to the computer, it all goes away. Or at least becomes muddled. Nonsensical.

So I'm trying to figure ME out. How it is I'm going to actually get the words on the paper (rather, on the computer screen).

Because I do intend to. I am resolved.

The end. of this post.


2 comments:

The Writer Chic said...

I sure do know what that feels like. My Blink. Blink. Blink. post was about just that the other day. It'll come. (At least that is what I keep telling myself.)

Lisa Spence said...

I do my best writing (in my head) when I'm laying in the bed in the wee hours of the morning trying desperately to sleep. Of course, I never can remember all the wit and wisdom I compose in the dark of night! :-)