Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh, my.


It has been way too long. I do have sort-of a good reason for being away, though. At the end of October I began to have some medical issues, which led to major surgery the second week of December. After several weeks of recovery, (and doing every last bit of Christmas shopping online), I am doing wonderfully now.

Obviously, this blog was pushed aside. I have said here more than once that I REALLY want to blog. Which I believe is part of the reason why I do not. Because when the things of life call and circumstances beckon, I begin to feel (false) guilt for doing things I really enjoy doing. That, however, is a great big topic for another day.

Right now I just wanted to pop in here and say HI. I so hope that I'm officially "on my way back." I have got to get this blog a makeover, though! And, boy, could I use a makeover! I watched way too much Wh*t Not to We*r on TLC while I was recouping....

I'll be catching up with all of you over the next several days, and look forward to reading about your holiday adventures. This family's Great Adventure with Ahna continues. What a blast, what extreme joy, to finally have her with us this Christmas. She delights us all, all the time.

Typing that last sentence reminds me of another sentence: one that floated through my mind earlier. It is what I want to do, and it is this: I want to write simply, and to simply write. Which reminds me of my very first blog post which was entitled "Just Do It."

And since I am literally falling asleep writing this and not even making sense, I will close until next time. Thanks for reading my rambling!








14 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

It is so good to hear from you.....I have often thought about you!

So sorry that you had some medical issues...and Major Surgery....yikes...but it sounds like you are doing much better!!

Best wishes to you and your family,

Lisa

Karen said...

Welcome back- Sorry to hear of your troubles, but so glad you are feeling better. Take care!

Karen

The Writer Chic said...

Cindi -- I'm just glad you're still alive and well. Take your time coming back, but please do, come back!

Lisa Spence said...

Welcome back! I've missed your "ramblings!"

So glad to hear you are doing wonderfully. I wished so badly I lived closer so I could be some (small) help in your recovery! As it is, I had to be content with praying for you and getting updates through the husbands.

Ruth and Brian said...

Cindi,
So sorry to hear of your medical situation and surgery. Hope you are recovering well and that you find yourself feeling 100% very soon.

Glad to have you back and blogging again.

Ruth

Traci said...

Hi Cindi! Me too! I'm so so glad that you're back.

And I'm so sorry that you were sidelined with medical issues...and I hope you're continuing to recover quickly.

Shawn said...

Hey Cindi--Hope your Christmas was wonderful. I'm thankful that you are back in the swing of things after surgery. Have a wonderful day and welcome back to the exciting world of blogland! Shawn

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!!!!!!! You're back!!! I've missed this....

Christy

2 China 4 Addison said...

Hope you are feeling better!
We all need a few guilty pleasures, so be sure to keep blogging (for you and for us!)
Can't wait to see pictures of Ahna, I'm sure she is growing and changing like crazy.
Becki

April Isaacs said...

Hi Cindi

Still checking in! Glad you're back!! Sorry about the health issues! YUCK!

I met Elizabeth B (goes by Wendy??)) I am still so confused by that. They came to our church and they got to meet Emme and I got to meet Emma. One of these days, we will get to meet. I would love to see Ahna in person. I would also love to talk about her eating issues. I think I hear you were going to see the feeding team? We saw them too!

Anyway, make time for yourself! Write! It's good for you! (Easier said than done, huh?)

April

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

Hi Cindi,

Glad to see you are trying to get back to blogging. Bekki keeps me up on things at your place, thanks Seth. I see April commented on getting to meet you so I think we should plan a small gathering.

Hello April, what are you so confused about...the names? :) You can blame my mom for that one.

Jboo said...

Just checking in and sorry to hear about your medical issues, but glad that you are on the mend.

Take care.

Janet

Natalie said...

Hi Cindi, I love your blog. Hopefully you'll be on a better road ahead. Keep blogging!! One day, your children will love you so much for it!

Noemi said...

Happy Gotcha Day!!